What Ashbourne Offers for the AMSP
Who runs the Programme?
Amy Harper-Tarr has overseen the AMSP since September 2015, already helping students to gain Medical offers from Liverpool, Manchester, St. Andrews and the Semmelweis University in Hungary. Amy, Head of Faculty for Natural Sciences (Biology teacher) has a tremendous relationship with her students and bends over backwards to do whatever it takes to help them, whether that be gaining offers from university, meeting the grade requirements or preparing them for life ahead at university.
What Students think about the Programme?
“When applying to study medicine, the competition is so high that it is usually not academic ability that separates successful candidates from unsuccessful candidates. Rather, it is non-academic skills such as the ability to empathise and communicate coherently. With the AMSP, my non-academic skills were identified as my weakness and then significantly improved. I myself did not think too much of these weaknesses until they were pointed out and we were able to develop them. Such help is not common for most medical applicants, which is why I think this programme should be taken advantage of, as it can give you that much needed edge in your application.”
Ahmedyar Hasan is currently holding a Medicine offer from Liverpool. Ahmedyar joined Ashbourne for a 2 year A level programme after his first year of AS did not produce the academic result that he was expecting.
Who can apply for this Programme?
The AMSP is fundamentally recommended to 2 year A level students, although the course is available for 1 year and for 18-month (January start) A level students, that wish to apply to a UK Medical/Dentistry degree programme. The AMSP also offers basic support to students who wish to apply to universities outside of the UK.
Details of the Programme
Students will gain the following from the programme:
- A thorough understanding of what a medical career will involve
- BMAT and UKCAT preparation
- Interview preparation: both traditional and MMI’s
- UCAS help: The personal statement and how to know where to apply
- Assistance in securing work experience placements
- The opportunity to discuss medical ethics and current medical issues with other prospective medical students during weekly meetings – Each week students attend a seminar that helps to provide insight into topical Medical
- Issues and provide a platform for debate to enhance knowledge and build students debating skills.
- The opportunity to talk to current doctors and Ashbourne alumni who are now at medical school
We are inviting you to take up this opportunity to join Ashbourne Medical School Programme (AMSP).
Apply today for Ashbourne College scholarship.
Do call us at 03-79324788 if you need more information about Ashbourne’s scholarship.